Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Monday, April 5, 2010

Fabulous Funky skirt!




My new favorite book is Sewing Clothes that Kids Love by Nancy Langdon and Sabine Pollehn.
This is the best kids sewing book ever! Especially for beginners because they really break it down and give all the basic information on how to get kids clothes to fit, be comfortable, and well made.

Anyway, I made the Insa skirt for my daughter. It took only a few hours and although there are things that I would change next time I use the pattern, it worked out very well and my daughter loves it. She wore it backwards the first day, with the pink patch in the front. This landed a seam right in the middle but she wore it correctly the next day.

The skirt is all cotton, and all of the shaping is caused by piping and elastic.

I am looking forward to my next project from this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment