Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Feliz dress is finished!



And is it frilly! And fabulous!

It took me over a week to make, a LOT more fabric than I had anticipated (ruffles, you know) and I made some mistakes. I learned from them though so that's good.

Willa put it on over her pajamas right before breakfast and spent the entire meal spinning around the kitchen in it.

There is a blue stripped underdress with a panel of ruffles down the back topped with an attached flowered apron.

As usual, I made it way too big so Willa should still be wearing it when she's twelve. It goes to her ankles now and I have to tie the sash as tight as I can to keep the shoulder straps in place.

On the whole though, I would call this dress a success!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Wow that is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Willa loves this dress. She loves it!!! The back is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete