Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Circus Insa

OK, this was a very difficult skirt to make. Primarily because of the fabric of the overskirt. It was very difficult to manage. It kept slipping out from under the knife and the pins and my fingers. However, it looks good. I'm sure that the skirt will start disintegrating shortly though. That red fabric will start pulling the minute it touches anything rough. All of the fabric was from my stash so I didn't have to buy anything but ribbons. I think that I originally bought both of them from the sale bins at Jo-Ann's. Willa loves the skirt and my husband says that it is just like a circus. My feelings were a bit more mixed. By the time I was half way done though I felt like I was making something in 'Early American Bordello' style, but it seems to have grown on me. I had intended to have this skirt be very plain, with all of the sparkle being from the fabrics, unfortunately, the gold overskirt was such a pain that I was forced to add a ruffle to cover my miserable attempt at a hem and I had to add ribbons to cover the elastic. Also, either I made a mistake with my seam allowances or Willa has grown in the last few months since I took her measurements, because it is almost to small! I think she'd wear it anyway though, even if it was too tight.






No comments:

Post a Comment