Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Saturday, May 1, 2010

I love rummage!

Best rummage sale ever this morning. It was a church rummage sale in Ballard with an entire hall full of boxes of fabric. And the price?! 50 cents a box. Amazing. For $1.50 I walked out with 6 yards of heavy plum colored linen, 6 yards of heavy brown linen, 8 yards of burnt umber corderoy, assorted lengths of quilting cotton, and a couple big yardages. Very exciting! I am planning away. That linen is very exciting. I'm already visualizing pants for me and the kids. Anyone want a few yards of natural linen? I don't think I'll ever use it.

Yesterday I hit a church sale in Shoreline and scored two pairs of Keen's for Wilhelmina (one pair of shoes, one of sandals) for $2 each. A little steep but still good value.

Anyway, I think I'll start posting upcoming rummage sales because I keep track of them anyway. Next week : West Seattle Garage Sale Day! Start mapping your route early!

No comments:

Post a Comment