Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Needle-felted sweater applique


OK, I'm sorry about not posting for a week. I was busy crafting.

So here we are with a very successful project. A few weeks ago I bought a very good quality but very boring sweater for Willa at a church rummage sale. I decided that she would never wear it if I didn't fix it up, so I decided to needle felt some designs on it.

I started on Sunday morning and finished on Monday night. I probably spent less than 6 hours on it all told. When I began this was just a plain, dark green sweater. I took unspun, dyed wool and worked it into the sweater using a special needle to create the designs. This particular technique is very organic and very forgiving. You can really decide what you're doing as you do it, which is something that works well for me. I also love the instant gratification of needle felting.

Now all I have to do is get Willa to actually wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment