Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Sunday, June 27, 2010

child butterfly sweater

This is from a pattern that I got off of Knitty.com when Willa was little. The pattern doesn't seem to be there anymore, which is a pity because it is really one of the most successful things I've made. This version is on it's second child and second set of buttons. It has seen some very hard wear, mud, paint, scissors and blood, and still it looks good. I love the rolled waistband --I've stolen that trick for other projects since. The pattern looks nice and lacy and still keeps the wearer nice a snug. I used Cascade 220 wool. I made a larger version in blue (also cascade 220).



1 comment:

  1. This is a very beautiful sweater. And it has been through a lot. You do good work, Ms. Oosterwyk.

    ReplyDelete