Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Star quilt


Here's the quilt, I decided to quilt the stars by just following the outline over and over until it gets too small. I'm not certain about the green diamonds yet. I might make a leaf inside of them. The large lozenges on the sides, I'm thinking handprints at the moment but that could easily change. Anyway, I'm delighted that this is finally getting worked on again, and that I could easily have it finished by the end of the week! Yippee!

The fabric for this was all purchased new, back when Hancock Fabric was still in my neighborhood. I used the scraps from cutting the stars to make (and actually finish a doll quilt!).

I'm tired of all the unfinished projects that I have sitting around. That monkey brain of mine is just too easily distracted with new ideas and the newest one always seems to be very important and I have to go buy fabric for it right now! The quilting at least is a nice brainless project for me to do while I think about what to do next. I still do have to come up with a fabric to bind this quilt with. I'm thinking red or purple, any ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment