Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Silverlake Windbreaker

Well, this was my first jacket and my first zipper. I fudged some stuff and screwed up some stitching, and if you look for it you can see it, but the jacket is definitely wearable and looks pretty good. It is fully reversible. One side is red corduroy from that completely amazing rummage sale, and the other side is some gorgeous sale fabric that I picked up at Jo-Ann's for $3/yard. This is a great pattern. The jacket ends up having 10 pockets, two front and back inside and outside and on the red aspect I added the media pockets on the sleeve.

My plans to have the pattern on the animal side match up everywhere failed miserably, there has to be a trick to this that I just haven't figured out yet.

I absolutely adore the animal fabric. I have already made a pair of pants and a skirt for Willa from it and will probably make something for Primrose as well.






2 comments:

  1. It is a great piece. Seems quite complicated to make a reversible zippered jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the zipper was easy, it's the curved seams that are difficult.

    ReplyDelete