Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Sunday, July 4, 2010

viking knot hat




Well, I haven't been making much this week. (Except for trying to finish a knit Imke shirt for Willa which is giving me a lot of trouble. Stupid sewing machine) So here are some past projects to keep you entertained. THis hat comes from the Viking Patterns for Knitting book. I modified it a bit but I've made quite a few of them in different colors for others. The cable knotwork design is quite fascinating but it does knit up very quickly. This particular piece I made during the Oscars a long long time ago. Way back in the 90's I think. Anyway, I'm still wearing it every winter, even though it's always been a bit big. I felted it a tiny bit a couple of years ago to size it down a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment