Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I have been sewing, really.

I just haven't been posting about it. I've been too busy sewing! I made a dress this weekend (very unsuccessful) and then I spent the last 3 days drafting my very own t-shirt pattern (very successful). I think I finally have a handle on the whole, sewing with knits thing. One problem has been that all of the knit fabric I've found (and really I only have Jo-Ann and Pacific Fabrics nearby) have been pretty unimpressive. However, I just discovered that if you hit your local thrift store you can buy 5' x 6' pieces for primo prices. That's right, all those "T-shirt" sheet sets that were so popular five years ago are now being donated, and in an impressive variety of colors!

I am currently working on drafting a pants pattern. I'm hoping to have enough clothing basics constructed to enable me to take part in Self-Sewn September, where participants endeavor to wear at least one thing that they have sewn every day. Even if it's only a lapel pin.

I am also fascinated by this bra and I would buy one so that I could try to make more, but they DON'T HAVE IT IN MY SIZE!! I'm a bit cross about that. But I'll try to move past it.

Anyway, I will post pictures soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment