Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My very own T-shirt



OK, here it is, the end result of my very first self-drafted pattern. I like it. I think I could make it into a dress, too. I made the pattern using the book Design-It -Yourself Clothes. I feel very good about the process of making this shirt as well. I started by sorting through all of Kevin's old work t-shirts and I took all of the ones with holes to use as fabric. This shirt is actually made from an extra large t-shirt that I bought at a thrift store for $1.99, but all of my muslins were made from Kevin's discarded shirts.

Anyway, I love the color and I am fairly happy with the fit. It could still use some tweaking but it's definitely wearable.

This photo and the photo of me in the Claire Cami dress were taken a few days apart, I think that that's a pretty good example of the difference the fit of the garment makes.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I love it! I am starting work on a dress version. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete