Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Flowered corduroy Avalon Jacket




I really love this jacket. It turned out great and wasn't very difficult at all. I can tell that I'm getting better at sewing because I didn't find this jacket very challenging and didn't need to refer to the instructions more than twice. I did screw up a few times though. The worst problem is the front center corner of the green side of the jacket, right at the bottom. After sewing almost the entire jacket together I noticed that I had cut out the front panel with a curved chunk missing from the bottom--oops. Rather than cutting a new panel and unpicking and re-stitching, I just sewed on a scrap of green and kept going. I think that it's not very noticeable. The jacket is all new materials. It's fully reversible and I used snaps because I am still having trouble with my buttonhole function on my sewing machine. I'll try to get a picture of Primrose wearing the jacket. My next project is an Avalon jacket for Willa and I'm going to sew some loops onto the back for some ribbon lacing which will make Willa beside herself with joy.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Primrose has worn it once. Baring any amazing growth spurts I think she'll be able to wear it for a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete