Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Monday, October 18, 2010

Like a Dream!

Well, I finally wrestled the bottom panel off of my new Kenmore and oiled her up. She runs like a dream! I just realized as I'm typing this that I forgot to look at the belts and see what shape they're in! Silly me.

I stitched up one of my new patterns, the Vijona shirt, for Primrose and I love the pattern. It was just my color choices that blew. However, I am sure that next time my choices will be better and we will all get to view the end product. I spent most of the weekend cutting.....and cutting, and cutting and cutting. I have two jackets, a skirt, a pair of leggings and a shirt waiting to be sewn and I still haven't cut into the muslin for my new suit! I did manage to get rid of three big chunks from my stash of knit fabrics though.

I also stopped by JoAnn's, just to pick up some machine oil for the Kenmore. Perfectly innocent. Unfortunately there were all these 50% off signs all over the place. I ended up poorer, not especially wiser, but with some very tasty fabric (including a couple of chunks of knit fabric- my logic is not like your earth logic). I'm also continually plagued with the question "did I buy enough of it?" Generally the answer is no.

8 comments:

  1. yay! Now, I am SUPER jealous of your new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, you can come over and look at it sometimes if you want.

    I have a couple of low shank attachments that came with my machine. Are you interested?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I Loved 84 Charing Cross Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a nice book wasn't it.

    I don't know if you have a low shank. You just bought a walking foot, didn't it specify? You have to measure from the bottom of the foot to the middle of the screw hole that attaches to the machine. Low shank should have 3/4 of an inch spacing. High shank is 1 1/4, super high is 1 3/8.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought it years ago, and have a TERRible memory, so I will have to measure again!

    Can you bring the girls Saturday morning? You could go rummage sale-ing if you don't want to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously? I could do that? We'll come to your party regardless, but I do want to hit Lakeside. I was thinking of coming back and doing the sale in the pm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Certainly. What will they do? run around, eat, get along, or not, eat again, then maybe use the toilet. How hard is that?

    Ps saw the movie babies. not sure it is worth it. no real talking in it.

    ReplyDelete