Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Apologies

I have been a very lax blogger this month. My cold knocked me out for a couple of weeks and then I cut out carbs which knocked me out for another week. The little energy that I've had since then has been devoted to working out and purging the house. We managed to clear out quite a few books as well as several bags of fabric.

However, I do have a dress cut and waiting to be sewn. It's Ottilia from Ottobre magazine. I'm doing it in a couple of interesting patterns of baby wale corduroy. I don't have some of the needed notions, transparent elastic being one of them. Since I now have some experience with using elastic in legs and sleeves, I think that I might instead use casings on the wrong side of the sleeves. It's just tidier, and no doubt feels better to the skin.

I'll probably get started on sewing up the Ottilia today.

Just too keep everyone entertained, here is a photo of the craft that I am currently working on --boiling the kitchen linens.

I cook with a lot of butter and I cook lots of meat so eventually the napkin and towels start smelling like the sheets in a massage studio --stale oil. Yuk! Boiling cleans it all off and leaves me with sparkling clean linen.

No comments:

Post a Comment