Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Friday, December 17, 2010

Ottilia in progress


How 70s is this going to be! I swear my older sister had a dress in this exact print. Only it was rayon or something slick like that instead of corduroy. 

Anyway, this has been such an exasperating project! I couldn't find the second sleeve cap OR the pattern for it, so I cut a new pattern and a new sleeve cap. Just after I finished sewing both sleeves together I noticed that .....the missing second sleeve cap was actually pinned to the first! How the heck did I miss that!

Anyway, now it appears that I did not cut front or back yoke pieces for the underdress and I can't find the pattern. I will now go and cut new patterns and new yoke pieces. Urk!

Here are the sleeves with the elastic casings visible on the underside. It should work fine, I am alittle worried about the fabric tearing, the corduroy is so delicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment