Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Monday, December 20, 2010

China dolls

When I was a little girl I played with these dolls. I probably played with them more than any other toy that I ever owned. They're a bit grubby at the moment. They could use a good face washing.

I have put the Ottilia dress aside and have gone into high gear making doll clothes. Way too many doll clothes, probably. I seem to be making them all at once too. Usually I work on one project until it's done. Right now I am in the middle of 3 dresses, one skirt, two pairs of bloomers, a shirt and a couple of underskirts. Since the direction and patterns for the doll clothes are pretty minimal ( I have the pattern for a shirt front, pantaloons and sleeves only) my experiences in the past year are standing me in good stead. 

I'll post more about it as I sew along.

2 comments:

  1. sigh... oh where oh where has my sewer gone? That is mis-spelled isn't it?

    ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. psst. I need a lot of wool melton fabric.

    ReplyDelete