Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Monday, December 6, 2010

Crocheted lace


Well, this is getting a bit ridiculous isn't it? I haven't done much of anything craft-wise in a couple of weeks. In lieu of actual honest-to-god new stuff that I have been working on, I give you ... crafts from college!

During my last year of school I started crocheting again. I learned to crochet as a small child and learned how to make really, really big granny squares. I generally told people they were baby blankets. I could crochet, I just couldn't start or stop the squares so I just kept going. 

In College a friend's mother was knitting lace. I was stunned. It was gorgeous! And she had patterns for crocheted lace. So I started crocheting again, but this time it was really, really tiny. I made yards and yards of the stuff. I made pillowcase and sheet edgings for several people but only kept one pillowcase edging for myself. Here it is on a satin pillowcase that I made for Willa. Apparently sleeping on satin keeps curls from snarling.

I have been working on another pillowcase edging, I though I would give Willa another pillowcase, but the lace is now too long and I hate ripping out. I'm waiting a decent interval before I take it apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment