Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Peaks Island Hood


This is the Peaks Island Hood by Ysolda. I bought the pattern on Ravelry.com 


This is the project that I started to keep my hands busy during Thanksgiving. It's pretty straightforward and involves long stretches of seed stitch, so it's great for watching movies.


Other than this I really haven't been making anything. I've been sick (a very nasty cold has been sitting in our house), we had Thanksgiving break which coincided with an inch of snow that shut down the city for 3 days and made sure that everyone was stuck together in the house for most of Thanksgiving week. 


I am singularly uninspired by the projects that I picked out to make for the girls this holiday season. Maybe I'll change gears and make them fun slippers instead. Willa has also requested some mom-made shirts. Apparently when she tries to wear an entirely mom-made outfit she only has one shirt to choose from. I do have one shirt underway, Hermosa from Studio Tantrum, but it's in fleece which I don't think is what Willa had in mind. 


Mostly I just think that I have phlegm in the head from my cold and it's making me all foggy and unable to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment