Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Abacadabra 75


 Once again, I think that the instructions could definitely be better. I've only made two Abacadabra patterns and both of them needed more detailed instructions. However, the patterns themselves are very nice. I made this up in about 3 hours. The fabric is from Goodwill. I loved the pattern on it but hated the texture. Willa doesn't care about the texture apparently so that's fine. It is a dress. Willa took one look at it and pronounced it a bathrobe, put on her pajamas with the "robe" on top, and wore that ensemble for the rest of the day.

An amusing side story. Primrose was pretending to take my picture yesterday. I smiled for her and then she said "and now the back" and gestured for me to turn around and let her photograph me from behind. I think I should do more photography that isn't all about their clothes!

2 comments:

  1. lmao. if you know what that means. Love Primrose's photography comments.

    Nice bathrobe.

    We are all sick with cold still. I was worse today. typical. On the weekend with extra help so that I might DO something. I am laid out.(is that the right use of laid???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look up lmao. Due to the font and the L being first in the sentence I thought it was a capitol I --couldn't figure it out at all.

    I believe that your use of laid is incorrect. To lay is to put or place something. To lie is to rest or recline. Unless you meant that you were being laid out as a corpse is. Then it would be to lay instead of to lie. I'm kind of loving the accidents of style. I might have to invest in it.

    ReplyDelete