Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Elephant Insa

I made this skirt this summer for Willa. She wore it camping and did several hikes in it. It was actually a great piece of camping clothing. It didn't show grime and it is loose enough for running and climbing in. What a wonderful pattern! And so versatile! Each version that I've done seems so different.



 Here's another version of the Insa --I had a vision of Chanel when I made it. I just wish I had had enough fabric to make up a jacket, too. Unfortunately, I was working with a scrap of fabric from St. Vincent's that was just big enough to make the skirt. I don't know if it's clear from the photo, but the fabric sparkles!

I'm currently working on stitching together the muslin for the 40's suit. I know it's taken me forever to get back to it but I think I'm a bit intimidated by it. In fact I know that I am. But this is just the muslin so I should just relax already and sew it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment