Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ummmm. .... Oops!


Effortlessly, I have managed to add a good ten inches to the circumference of the 40s jacket --just by adding in the two side panels that I originally omitted! How amazing!

With all of the required pieces in place the jacket looks good. I need to shorten the back at the shoulders and move the breast dart up several inches. Other than that I like the fit. The waist is in exactly the right place and the overall fit is much better. I do need to make alterations to get rid of poofiness at the back shoulders and the breast darts should be up a few inches.

Regarding my recent shopping, I picked up a great sheet to make up the bustle skirt with. It's the brown one, the grey-green is another knit sheet for muslin use.

2 comments:

  1. rolling on the floor laughing!

    Yes, having all the pieces in place helps, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. You can't see my face in the pictures, but it's all red.

    ReplyDelete