Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Sunday, September 26, 2010

And more imke





I've had quite a rash of Imke making. I believe that Primrose now has enough long sleeved shirts to make it through the winter. The butterfly imke was made out of two brand new but still rummage sale t-shirts. I cut the center front of the butterfly shirt into a sleeve and used the left over butterflies as appliques. The brown Imke with roses is half new and half recycled fabric. I bought the brown rose fabric new for a shirt for Willa that never happened. The blue heart Imke on Willa was made out of a Goodwill top-sheet. I made one shirt for Willa and one for Primrose out of it and I still have half a sheet left. I'm planning leggings for both of them from the Riviera pattern from Sewing Clothes Kids Love. If there's enough left, Primrose might also get a dress.

FYI, the crab pots that Willa is posing in front of belong to the Wizard from the Deadliest Catch TV show. Willa is a huge fan and was overjoyed to spot one of her favorite reality tv stars, Ragnhild, at the Fisherman's Harvest Festival in Ballard.

No comments:

Post a Comment