Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sewing along

OK, well, my jeans are progressing. I need to put in the zipper though. I have made 2.5 imka shirts for Primrose, two with hoods, one without. I put a collar and cuffs on the hoodless shirt. I could do a better job if I started putting the collar on before I sewed up both shoulders, I'll remember that next time. I also made Primrose a tie-dyed polar fleece coat. It looks very cute and is just waiting for it's button-holes. The fleece was my muslin though. I am planning on making her a coat from some gorgeous giraffe print fake fur that I got in the remnant bin at Joann. I also ran up a quick draft of a medieval hood, I am thinking of making it up in some lovely brown cashmere that I got in a grab-bag at Goodwill.

OK, I'll post pictures soon.

1 comment:

  1. isn't it funny that I mostly only respond to the posts with pictures? What does that say?

    Congrats on all the progress. Guess what I did today and yesterday? REORGANIZED the hobby room!!

    ReplyDelete