Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Self-Sewn Underwear!



I've done fairly well this month just wearing my homemade t-shirts but today I'm adding something new --homemade underwear! I'm slowly working on making my own bras but in the in the meantime I whipped up a pair of bikini underwear. They look homemade, but I'm a hippie and I love that look. My inspiration was a lovely pair of underwear I saw for sale at Folklife a couple of years ago. They were just gorgeous. Mass produced underwear just doesn't come in the colors and shapes and sturdy fabrics that I would select if I had the choice. And now I have the choice! I went to bed dreaming about block printing with acrylics on my new undies. The possibilities!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I am pretty in love with them. I may end up with a complete set.

    ReplyDelete