Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Jeans

I really have been sewing. I just haven't been posting about it. I am currently working on Burda 7863, trying to create the perfect pair of skinny cords for myself. The pattern specifies stretch fabric, but I have a ton of gorgeous corduroy which isn't stretchy, so I'm making a slightly larger size. I made a muslin which probably would have been great in a stretchy fabric so I ripped the seams and sewed it again with a smaller seam allowance and it seems pretty good except for the butt, where I want a bit more room. I'll be adjusting the pattern and trying again.

I picked up the pattern at Joann's on sale, and I looked at their stretch jean fabric but it was all too expensive for a muslin. So I stopped off at Burien Goodwill on the way home and voila! two lovely lengths of fabric for under $10. Gotta go sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment