Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Old and new



This morning I dressed Primrose in these lovely dragonfly pants that I made her at the beginning of summer. The denim is from the wonderful rummage sale of fabric by the box and the dragonfly trim is left over from the blackout curtains I made for the girls room. Wilhelmina then added the smock to Primrose's attire. I made the smock for one of my little sisters, probably 25 years ago. They look great together.

The pants pattern is from the book Carefree Clothes for Girls. I had great hopes for the book, but the only thing that I've actually made from it is the pants pattern. I have made those pants over and over, 4 or 5 times this summer. I like how it hangs. The other patterns in the book, I like them initially, but when I look at them more closely, I'm just not interested enough to make them.


1 comment: