Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Monday, September 27, 2010

I SO need a freakin' dress form!

I'm never going to make anything that actually fits me if I don't have a dress form to work with. I don't have good mirrors and I can't pin on my own back while wearing the clothes that I'm pinning. I'm just going to have to come up with the $300 to make myself a dress-form or give up on making clothes for me and just make them for the kids. At least the kids keep growing (and wrecking their clothes), giving me a constant market for making new things. I'd really like to sew for me though!

Rant over.

4 comments:

  1. isn't this something we could make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there's the duct tape and stuffing version or the more expensive kind that you make out of plaster bandages and some kind of plastic fill. Did I send you that link?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I only know the duct tape version. It sounds fun! I am not sure you sent me the link on the plaster one. Is that the preferred one? I think Kathleen wants one too. Maybe there is a weekend project here???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's the link to My Twin Dressforms. We'd only need one booklet and DVD. This might be a nice weekend project.
    http://www.mytwindressforms.com/

    ReplyDelete