Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Monday, September 27, 2010

Dortje Trousers



These turned out great!

The red corduroy is from my stash and the flower stuff is from the new line at Joann. I had to redo the front knees a couple of times and was afraid that I would completely fray the corduroy. You can still see the chalk marks on the front where I marked the false fly before I sewed it. I may need to hem them up a bit to fit well. There is a bit of elastic in the back of the knees to pucker up the pants a bit. I originally meant to leave it out but I ended up putting in quite a tight bit of elastic. I'm going to make a pair for Primrose as well, she wants flowered corduroy with a green solid color instead of red.

Update: Well, Willa tried them on and says that she doesn't like them. She doesn't like how they "flop around her ankles". I could make them less flared...or I could put them away for Primrose. Guess which I'm going to choose?

2 comments:

  1. I bet Prim gets a pair for later.

    I like em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I caved. I'm going to shorten them for Willa and I'm making some for Prim in green. I'm also tracing out the pattern for Avalon jackets in both girls sizes to make them coats to go with their pants. Practically suits!

    ReplyDelete