Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks.

--Barbara Pym

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Our new addition!


Welcome Clyde! This morning Rose's baby brother (contrary to my previous information, apparently they are not twins) arrived. Well, actually, Willa kidnapped him off of my sewing table two days before her birthday and just kept him, but officially, he arrived this morning. He has a comfy red sweatsuit and a blue wool suit (for those more formal days). I picked up a $2 box of fabric at a garage sale which has all of these wonderful little bits of wool fabric. There is an absolutely gorgeous soft brown that I already made some pants for Clyde in and I am going to make a matching jacket for him. Or maybe a vest. I also made him a blue pinstripe shirt out of the remains of my all time favorite men's shirt from my college days. I got it at a garage sale in Olympia and wore it incessantly. It's nice to see it put to good use.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you. We love our little Clyde. Willa has just assigned me the task of looking after her six babies while she's at school. Apparently they nurse every hour. I am going to be a very busy Grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my gosh, can't you just imagine??

    ReplyDelete